January 31, 2017 6:57 pm - Published by

Ok! The wishbones, subframes and ppf all went off to be blasted and powdercoated this morning.

EE98F70C-4B69-4F1B-AE27-8DDEEA854F5D.jpg

Gave me a bit of a kick up the ass to start work on the shell. So I broke out the hammerite..

92473516-C16B-4B07-8551-D42663828726.jpg

things are progressing quite nicely but I haven’t updated in a while. This post may be quite pic heavy and a little random in order – but you’ll get the idea

So here goes

Whilst the engine was out, kinda made sense to make a start on that. First was a nice stage 4 clutch and ultra lightweight flywheel

1FF556DE-E527-4F82-B843-1D7A10A3BF6A.jpg

F5678BEB-1B0F-4890-8DAF-A24389456C28.jpg

I originally ordered a competition clutch combo in stage 3, but the supplier was out of stock. Ended up with exedy clutch and flywheel instead. I know it’s gonna be a switch in terms of its operation! I guess I’ll learn to live with it.

Next up I set about painting the underside of the car. May as well have it as clean as possible. Because, why not! I chose white as I believe that any problems will be easier to locate down the line (oil leaks, cracks, whatever)

340330A7-5009-4B3E-8D67-6F8D65E8EBA9.jpg

Again. Whilst out, the engine and gearbox was primed and painted

F8FE305C-545B-42DB-9F85-A0E96341C3D6.jpg

0E7CB781-FB58-413D-A4ED-18662B44E1AC.jpg

The red is just the primer – it ended up black (yes I know I did white to spot faults – but I like contrast too much!)

 


Categorised in: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *